People are estimated to be living with one or more chronic illness in the United States alone. That is over 40 percent of the population.
People are limited in their daily activities due to complications arising from their chronic disease. Most do not know where to turn to for help.
6 in 10
People living with chronic illness do not receive the recommended preventative health services to manage their chronic illness.
Isolation of Chronic Illness
While the numbers of people living with a chronic illness are staggering, most live in isolation and are afraid to discuss their situation with others, including their closest friends and family members.
Fear is the main reason people don’t talk about their illness. They fear losing relationships, jobs and even their lives. Many people living with a chronic illness rather suffer in silence than risk changing the way they are perceived by sharing their story.
This fear leads to a negative mindset which makes everything in life seem bleak and hopeless.
But, it doesn’t have to be that way.
- What if there was a way to change the perception of chronic illness?
- What if we focused on these things we can control instead of the things we can’t?
- What if we could turn this situation positive?
At Situation Positive, our mission is to remove the negativity and provide a positive community of support for those affected by chronic illness.
- We help patients understand and cope with their chronic illness.
- We engage with patients, medical professionals, pharmaceutical experts, and policy experts to provide the latest information that can benefit our chronic illness community.
- We are inclusive, rather than polarizing. We are supportive rather than combative. We are positive rather than negative.
- We realize that bad things happen to good people. Rather than complain, wallow in self-pity, or try to find blame we espouse looking forward and living the best life we can.
Sometimes we just need to talk. We need to know that we are not alone in our journey and we need a caring, empathetic ear to listen. Maybe we also need guidance from someone who has been there before.
At Situation Positive you are not alone. We offer coaching to those who want to talk and education for those who want to learn. We never have charged for our services and never will. We are here to help.
Diagnosed at 28 years old with Multiple Sclerosis, Matt Cavallo has made it his mission to help others living with chronic illness. Today, he is a award-winning author, speaker and sought after voice of the patient experience.
Living with chronic pain for over half her life, Tara Tingey has found that the best remedy is a positive mindset. She is eager to help others find the same positivity and encouragement in the midst of chronic illness.
Over the last year, creative play and games like Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) have made a resurgence, helping players escape a real life monster – the COVID-19 pandemic. Dungeon master Jonathan Hill has been using the iconic fantasy role-playing game his entire life
Chandler Crews has a passion for advocacy and social media. Born with the most common form of dwarfism, achondroplasia, she has been publicly sharing her journey for over a decade, gaining her a major online presence. In 2010, she made the decision
Angela Wrigglesworth is a 21-year veteran elementary school teacher in Houston, Texas who has Type 2 spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). In this Situation Positive episode, Angela shares what it is like to live and work with SMA, how working remotely with
Situation Positive was founded to provide a safe space for people to learn how to live their best life despite the challenges of chronic illness. The conversation and community starts with you.
Situation Positive shares stories of others who are living with a chronic illness. These stories can be viewed on our channels or listened to through our podcast. If you would like to be featured in an upcoming Situation Positive interview, please contact us.
In addition to sharing stories, Situation Positive provides education, one-on-one coaching and group forums to those living with chronic illness and their loved ones. Our resources and subscription are free, but you have to be subscribed to access our additional services.
Here are some of the benefits of Situation Positive
- We offer webinars with tips and tricks about navigating the healthcare system and communicating with others about your disease.
- We have courses that can help teach you about the healthcare system, health insurance and how to communicate with others about your illness.
- We have podcasts and video interviews with people living with a chronic illness that will motivate, inspire and show you’re not alone.
- We never have and never will charge for any of our resources because we are just like you and when we were diagnosed, this information was not out there.
- The only thing we are missing is you. Please join our conversation.